Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tagged....

So I guess how this works is I'm supposed to write 2-7 random facts about me. So I chose some things that many people probably don’t know about me. Then I tag a few more lucky victims....

1) I worked for “Fashion Gal” (lala….get into fashion… get into fashion gal…lala) from 1981-1991. I was managing 2 of their stores and about 60 employees when I left and had trained most of the other managers in the 8 other valley stores. I loved merchandising. I would move 800 lb. jean racks all over the sales floor, and set up lots of displays. I learned a lot in those 10 years. It was a great life experience for me. Do I miss it? Absolutely NOT! Retail is not always fun and having to go down to the store at 3AM because the alarm was set off is something I could never miss. But the experiences there made me a better person.

2) Staying on the fashion line, I was always known as “miss accessory” in my younger days in high school. I always had the purse, watch, etc. that matched my outfits. Come to think of it, Brit’s friends always compliment me on my accessories to this day. I guess that wore off a little on Britney too as she gets into the accessory a bit also. We now can share some accessories.

3) I grew up in Parker, AZ., a small town on the Colorado River near Lake Havasu. I loved it! Many Arizonans don’t know much about Parker, but we would get tons of people on the weekends from California beach cities to go boating and floating on the Colorado as it was a little resort area. In the summer I lived in my swimsuit and we loved floating the river. My first kiss happened there…haha . I moved to Mesa when I was 15.

4) I married my high school sweetheart. An interesting fact about us is that he was able to serve an honorable full time mission and still be married 3 months before his 21st birthday. How is that possible? Well he left the day after turned 19 and he served during the short 3 year period that missions were only 18 months! We got married 3 months after he got home. I am sorry to his parents for all the worry we put them through as we were pretty serious in High School. But we were destined to be together and it all worked out! YAY!

5) OK this one is a little weird and Kirt and Brit are the only ones who know this and they make fun of me but I am confessing… I have this extra sensory perception thing that causes me to feel pain in my body when I see others get hurt physically. Seriously! That is why I don’t like watching violent movies (but I love scary ones) or fighting scenes. And growing up, fights at school absolutely terrified me! I could never stand in the circle to watch. Some movie previews can be the absolute worst. It is a REAL thing for me. It’s like someone has a voodoo doll of me and is poking it. I DON”T LIKE TO SEE PAIN HAPPEN! Even if it is in a fictional scene of a movie. Remember the movie Home Alone? Well ya, that one was hard on me when he gets back at the robbers! AM I weird or does anyone else experience this?

6) In 3rd grade my best friend (who happened to be a boy…David Shephardson) and I got sent to the principles office and got a good paddle on the bottom with one of those big wooden paddles. WHY? You ask? For showing each other our underwear! Haha Each day we would show a very small piece of our underwear from the top of our pants to each other. Then we would bat our eyes at each other and giggle. OK it really was pretty innocent! But we got caught and therefore to the principles office. I would take a paddle (which really did hurt!) for that underwear experience any day. David and I remained best friends until after I moved to Mesa . In fact I may have to look him up again in Utah and reminisce about those days!

OK THAT’S IT! I NOW TAG Hmmmmm Amelia, Gail, Lori, Kenzie, and Tracy!

3 comments:

Amelia Smith said...

Okay your facts are totally cute! I loved reading every single one of them. Thanks for tagging me :) Although I'm pretty sure mine won't be as interesting! See ya next week!

Gail said...

I loved that post about you! That is so funny about your esp thing! I tagged you too! You are a wild and crazy girl!

Itsagirlsworld said...

Ok so I know I'm commenting on an old post ... However I would be one of very few poeple that acutally knew you worked at Fashion Gal. Man that was a while ago. Good memories. Hope you don't mindme blog stalking you! Melia