Friday, November 7, 2008

I still LOVE Halloween, after all!

It's all OK! I have discovered that....

I still love Halloween, after all!


This year I was beginning to worry that I no longer enjoy Halloween.

I didn't put up decorations.
I bought pumpkins but we didn't carve them.
I didn't buy candy.
I didn't make any plans for fun.
I didn't buy my fun dinner items.



Hmmm...
What was wrong with me?


So October 31st came.

...and...

That is when it hit me!



YAY! It's HALLOWEEN!
i like halloween :)

...SO...

I Bought candy on my way to work.
I bought cute pumkin bread bowls after work.
I put my pumkins and scary witch on my porch.
I got invited to a party and yes! I will go!



Britney invited friends over to get ready for their parties.
I got to help with hair, make-up , and costumes.
I still felt like a "MOM".
My baby isnt too old to dress up.
In fact this was one of her favorite years
with lots of fun parties to go to.
We had so much fun!
.
The cat, Tinkerbelle, and the Witch!



I made my chili and served it in fun pumkin bread bowls.

Ahem...

[Mine looked much better than this mock picture haha]


It was YUMMY!

We passed out candy during all this.

I just love seeing the cute kiddies in costumes, and I especially like the very polite ones who thank us for candy.
(Good job parents! There was quite a few)



After we got the girls off, Kirt and I scrambled for costumes. Kirt found a very cool "afro wig" and I put my favorite scorpion tattoos on my chest and arm along with some wild hair and Amy Winehouse type make-up, and we headed out. We went and saw our fun nieces and nephews cute kids and went to Adam & Kelsies party at their new home. It was fun to get out with Kirt and have a SPOOKTACULAR time. (haha ya corny)

So I guess I still pulled HALLOWEEN off somewhat...
I didn't get enough good pics though...
.
.
...and my Christmas decorations are
going up within the next two weeks.
This year I will be READY!
Can't wait til CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

YAY FOR HALLOWEEN!

YAY FOR CHRISTMAS!

AND IN BETWEEN...

YAY FOR THANKSGIVING!

:]

and yay for nice weather---i'm lovin' it!

<3

Gail said...

You crack me up! There's nothing you can't do cute when you put your mind to it! some years are like that when you just can't get into it, for me I was way into halloween and Thanksgiving but I'm not at all excited to decorate for Christmas! It just overwhelms me! Hopefully I'll get more jazzed before Christmas Day:).
When are we going for another 4 hour lunch? I need a fix of my friends:).