Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I've got an ATTITUDE... of GRATITUDE!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

An Attitude Of Gratitude
An attitude of gratitude
Should be striven for each day.
This feeling of thanksgiving
Is God’s chosen way.

For everything you are grateful for
Will increase one hundred fold.
And within a humble heart
God turns wishes into gold.

For everyday I seem to understand
My gratitude increases,
So do joy and happiness
While despair and pain decreases.

God loves a merry heart,
And He loves the humble, too.
He continues to send His blessings.
Now my troubles seem so few.

An attitude of gratitude
Has filled my heart with joy.
I feel such love and happiness,
My life I now enjoy.
~ Author Unknown ~


I have had so much emotion and gratitude in my heart lately that I felt I should put my thoughts in writing.

So here it goes!
This has been a tough year on me mentally. I have allowed myself to worry more than usual, especially the last few months. I have worried about Brit beginning her new “college girl life” and struggling to find the right fit at ASU and wondering if she made the right choices there. I have also been so concerned about the status of our wonderful country, and the economy and how it has affected our cabinet business. I have had more sleepless nights than normal, and yet I have felt this OVERWHELMING sense of GRATITUDE. I have found myself thanking Heavenly Father for so soo many blessings in my life. There are so many things, small things that I am grateful for on a daily basis such as SMiLES from people, CHiLDREN and their innocence, EXAMPLES of goodness can be found in so many places, and there are people that love and accept me everyday. I am so blessed with AWESOME FAMILY and FRIENDS, a comfortable HOME, and everday convieninces that make life more enjoyable. I could make a list of more than 100 simple things I am grateful for but I want to focus today on the BIG ones, the OBVIOUS ones, the ones that really get me through this life. I am going to limit it to my “TOP 3”

THE GOSPEL
KIRT
BRIT

First I am GRATEFUL for the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to have been given the knowledge I have and for the opportunities and blessing I am given through being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I am GRATEFUL for the plan of Salvation, for my SAVIOR and his example that has been given to me to follow. I feel his LOVE in my life on a daily basis. I am GRATEFUL for the opportunities I have to love and serve others. I am GRATEFUL for great leaders who teach and direct my paths for good. I am GRATEFUL for the scriptures that I can gain knowledge and strength and direction from. I KNOW I have a HEAVENLY FATHER who loves me, protects me, and blesses me daily. This has actually been the biggest source of comfort in my life. I actually FEEL his love, and it is amazing to me that at times when things are hardest in my life is when I feel His love so overwhelmingly! WOW!


I am Blessed.

I am GRATEFUL for my SMALL but HUGE family! KJBpete. (our e-mail) KJBproperties (one of our businesses) KIRT JILL BRIT. That is US! Although we are a family of just 3, we share a bond that is beyond comprehension. Heavenly Father gave us the challenge of Britney being an only child because we have been able to take it and make the very best of it and I know that it has blessed and strengthened each one of our lives. I love that we don’t need to reserve just Monday nights for Family Night, but we can, and often do have “Family Night” several times a week. I am GRATEFUL that this year Brit actually has an easier schedule than in High School. While she enjoys dating and her friends on the weekends, she actually spends many weeknights at home with her parents and we share so many GOOD times. We have some great times around the dinner table or watching movies! I am GRATEFUL for all of the LAUGHS that we have, the SECRETS that we share, and our abilities to WORK TOGETHER and help one another fulfill our needs. I am GRATEFUL that we can be BEST FRIENDS. Britney has told me that her parents are her BEST FRIENDS.


WOW.


For that I am GRATEFUL!

KIRT is the most wonderful, AMAZING man I know. I am GRATEFUL for the love and respect he shows me. He would do ANYTHING for me, and does so everyday. He is always by my side and helps and supports me with EVERYTHING! I am GRATEFUL that Kirt has accepted the fact that one thing about me will never change… and that is that “I LIKE THINGS A CERTAIN WAY” (ya-I am picky). He doesn’t always try to understand it; he just does his best to help me with whatever he can and wants me to be happy! I am GRATEFUL for his tenderness and sensitivity toward others. I never hear him speak ill of anyone. I am GRATEFUL for the added opportunities that have come into our lives since Brit has grown up such as our “old folk” trips to our cottage in Lakeside and more times together in an “empty house” (less teenagers around). I actually look forward to growing old with this man!


THANKS KIRT!


I LOVE YOU!

This is why I am GRATEFUL for my child…
BRITNEY
jean Petersen absolutely AMAZES me everyday! I couldn’t have asked for a more OBEDIENT child. She is so close to her heavenly Father, she doesn’t care what people think of her, and she just tries to be the best she can be. I appreciate that for an only child she is soo NOT spoiled! She never asks for or expects anything; in fact she is always looking out for those less fortunate than her…THEREFORE… I am GRATEFUL that I “GET” to spoil her when I WANT TO! ha-ha One thing that I appreciate about her right now is that she has learned how to tell me when I am wrong in a way I can accept it and use it to my benefit. (maybe it’s called growing up but she used to make me soo mad when she tried to correct me!) I am GRATEFUL for our late night talks and advice sessions. I am GRATEFUL for our shopping trips, salon visits, and a few “secret” guilty pleasures that we enjoy! : )


THANKS BRIT!


I LOVE YOU!

WOW! I am so blessed. I love this time of year. I love to feel GRATITUDE in my heart.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

3 comments:

Grandmommy Crum said...

I know how you feel, Family is everything! You do have the very best. What would we do without them? I dont want to think of it!!! I am very thankful for your friendship, I wish we could do more, but I so look forward to our lunches, it makes me feel young and inspired to endure the world! I cant wait to get together this month, we better plan soon. Could you get together for an evening dinner? That may give us more options. I will call you this week...... love ya

Gail said...

Thanks Jill..you DO have the right attitude. You're always cheerful and help me to see the best in other and what I've been blessed with. Thanks for being the person you and and for being my friend:).
Happy T=day!

Natalie said...

So cute; goshers Jill. You make me want a husband and daughter to spoil (and her crazy bff natalie) hehe. 'Cept if my daughter's best friend's name is natalie I'd go gnutso.

<3 you. PS I want to make one of those cute goal board things when you girls get around to it! The ones from Angie's page! So cool!!