YAY!
For all the WOMEN in my life!
...and that ONE MAN!!!
Now I have done all of these on several occasions,
but the combination of them all in one day I believe is a first.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and ice cream)
First I went to BREAKFAST with my bestest dear friend Amy. Amy and I were BEST friends in the pre-existence and we have so stinkin much in common. I love her to death and she seriously is one of the most AMAZING people I know (but I will leave that for another blog). We talk and text often but don't SEE each other often enough. She's been dealing with some "tough stuff" lately and I just really wanted to see her face so I was glad we could meet at Crackers
to enjoy a yummy breakfast and 2 hours of visiting.
Yes! 2 hours face to face!
So my day was already off to a good start.
...
...
I was able to get 3 hours in at the office before I was off to a late LUNCH with 4 of my other bestest, dear girlfriends to celebrate Elaine's birthday. Macaroni Grill loves us! They give us our own room and a round table in the corner for 5. They also give us a nice, and most definately tolerant waitress of course! You see this wasn't a first for us so the folks at Macaroni Grill know that this is no ordinary lunch... (hahah) So the atmosphere was great, company great, and we knew the food would be great. All was well...
...
... 4 hours later, after many updates, stories, laughs, gasps, congradulatories, passing around childrens fundraisers, one and one-half assasination plots, and ELVIS doing an amazing job of singing Happy Birthday to Elaine we were out to the parking lot for another 10 minutes of goodbyes! (This would of been much longer but we had already pushed our time to the limit!)
...
My life would not be complete without that quality girlfriend time!
...
...
You'd think the day was about over by now,
but I got to rush to the store, cut up chives,
and head to Enrichment Night DINNER!
This time I was fortunate to get to go with my favorite daughter Britney :) and spend the next couple of hours with some terrific women in my ward! I had pretty much had my fill of food for the day so this dinner was more about the associations I have with some really great women. Of course I spent most of my time talking with my next door neighbor (how funny is that), although there was about 60 women in attendance and I enjoyed the short visits that I had with many. Britney was in a skit (she did awesome) and we shared visiting teaching moments. It was a good night.
...
...
After getting home, I still had a couple of hours ahead of me to visit with the MAN in my life. We topped our day off with a sonic run for an ice cream cone!
I must add that Kirt is so supportive of me and the time I enjoy spending with the "Ladies". He doesn't tell me I should of worked at the office more, or I should of done another batch of laundry, I shouln't be spending any extra money in these tough times, OR I SHOULD OF COOKED A MEAL that day. Perhaps he knows that "if mamma ain't happy, nobody is happy" and he always want's me to be happy :)
After having a wonderful day
with great friends,
I couldn't think of a better person to end my day with.
...and have to admit at the moment,
I am pretty H A P P Y ! : )


4 comments:
Hi Jill--I got to your blog from Boyd and Niki's to Lori Crum's to you! Loved reading about your family. Your daughter is adorable and you have a right to be very proud of her. Is she as good a babysitter as you were? You were the best! Looks like you have a good and happy life. Enjoy!
Judy Worthen
To one of my dearest friends, that was a great day, I got to spend 4 of those hours with you! That was a fun lunch wasnt it!! It felt so good to get out with the girls, its my lifesaver in life, I dont know what I would do without my girlfriends! Thankyou for all you do for me, I love you!!
i love kurt! so im glad you got kurt-time!!!! :] and i love britney too! so you got the best of both worlds right in your very home!! just adopt me, kay?
I am so glad I found you! Britney is so beautiful and grown up!! I have to tell my mom you have a blog!
Post a Comment