Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Current WORD obsession :]


A.C.C.E.P.T.A.N.C.E.

1. The act or process of accepting
.
2. The state of being accepted or acceptable.
3. Favorable reception; approval
.

4. Belief in something; agreement

“When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.”

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.”

"For after all, the best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." - Henry Wadworth Longfellow

"Give love and unconditional acceptance to those you encounter, and notice what happens." - Wayne Dyer

Acceptance of others, their looks, their behaviors, their beliefs, bring you an inner peace and tranquillity -- instead of anger and resentment." - Unknown

"Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." - Saint Francis of Assisi

"Accept good advice gracefully--as long as it doesn't interfere with what you intended to do in the first place."


Happiness can exist only in ACCEPTANCE.
..
....

T O D A Y
I get to ACCEPT that:

Everyone doesn’t think like me or share my opinions.The grass IS NOT always greener on the other side. I AM getting older.Something will annoy me everyday.Men are just DIFFERENT than women :]].
Snowbirds will be flocking to the valley very soon.
I must work daily.Someone amazes me every day.My office isn’t always clean.I can’t CHANGE someone else.I am who I AM.
CHOICES have Consequences.I must deal with traffic, and red lights. Only I can make some things happen.There will always be a project “to do”.
I must face roadblocks.Business is good, needs to be better.There are only 24 hours in a day. no exceptions.
..
I also ACCEPT that…
..
I won’t have any more children
Not everyone likes me
I don’t always feel GREAT
I have many flaws
Scorpions abide in crevasses near my home
I don’t have Oprah’s money
I don’t have Heidi Klum’s looks
I am not Mother Theresa
...and I am FAR from perfect

I ACCEPT with gratitude that…

I am a child of God
I have a Husband who ROCKS
I have a daughter that amazes me daily
I have fabulous friends, and family close by
I ACCEPT YOU
Everyone is different, yet has something to contribute
I have a nice home
I have faith
I have knowledge
I can take care of my family
I have Jesus Christ in my life as wonderful example and Savior
Babies are the cutest sweetest most incredibly amazing creatures on this earth! I LOVE BABIES :]

4 comments:

☂niki. said...

This was an amazing post! Very insightful and inspiring! I just found your comment on my blog. Thank you so,so much. It truly brightened, my not so good day, today. You are one of the sweetest people I know. Always so thoughtful! Glad to have found your blog!

Grandmommy Crum said...

Thankyou for teaching my daughter your wisdom! I am so glad my Niki is reading your blog, I am proud to say your my friend!! love you!!!

Natalie said...

oh no; heads up--you passed your baby-loving to your daughter. yes, yes; sure it's cute. but when your BEST FRIEND starts talking about how she wants a baby..you get a little freaked out. i don't have time to plan a babyshower! tell her to hold off a few more years!

hehe. love you both.

Jillene said...

Ya natalie! I think the family reunion got to her a little too much! So many cute babies to hold. But I am not too worried yet. I have also heard of her plans for marriage before babies and then no babies right away. So i figure we got a while :)

But GRAND babies don't sound too bad! haha