Tonight is the night!S U N S
Season begins.
NASH
AMARE
SHAQ
BELL
HILL
BARBOSA
AMARE
SHAQ
BELL
HILL
BARBOSA
Mmhmmm
Let the RED SOFA PARTIES begin!
This is one thing that Kirt and I enjoy so much together. We share season tickets with my sister so we get to go to half the home games each season. We have done this for about 10 years now. But… my LOVE for the Suns began long before that. When I was a young girl, I didn’t have much interest in sports. Period. Then I met this awesome boy who played and loved many sports so I began to take an interest. When I married Kirt, I got some advice that has stuck with me and in fact I usually pass this on to newlyweds because I strongly believe in it.
What is it???
LEARN TO DEVELOP AND SHARE THE SAME INTERESTS!
So that meant that I better learn to love sports! I remember watching NFL football with Kirt after we were first married. I learned a lot about the game and began to like it. At the time I didn’t quite get the SUNS thing yet, but it didn’t take long. Kirt had been a SUNS fan his whole life! By the 90’s, it kicked in for me. BIG. I mean REALLY BIG! The days of Cotton Fitzsimmons, KJ, Tom Chambers. WOW. Not too many people knew this about me but I followed it daily. I would surprise people by whipping out every stat available. I knew my stuff. I taped the games and didn’t miss them for anything! OK so now, currently, I’m not to that extreme. I just love to watch the games. We go to about every other home game and the others we Record and have RED SOFA PARTIES! I love that we can watch the games in about an hour by forwarding commercials and time outs, or we can rewind, rewind again, and watch just one more time those awesome plays that only you get in basketball! Tomorrow is the home opener. We took last years Jan will go this year. But you know where Kirt and I will be sometime Thursday night. YUP! the red sofa. Britney gets to go to the game curtesy of a date. YAY for her.
Looking forward to another fun filled season!!
OK a few fun tidbits...
Favorite ALL time players (20 years)
Majerle
Nash
KJ
Tom Chambers
Currently still enjoying Nash play and now Majerle coach. Love the moves of Amare. Bell rings my Bell haha (and especially Brit's!) Always loved Marion. I could miss him if I allowed it. Not a Barkley fan NOW although yes I was especially in 92-96. My biggest pleasure as a suns fan is to see Lakers or Spurs LOSE! When Shaq first came to Phx. I loved watching him on the bench being coached Suns style. He would intently take it all in, and showed respect for the team. Now he fits. Hope he has a good year. I love to see players get excited for their teamates accomplishments. I love to see them all jump up off the bench when an exciting play happens! I love their "warm up circle" and team unity.
I love the suns. : )

1 comments:
I LOVE RED SOFA PARTIES! AND I LOVE THE SUNS! GAME TONIGHT! WOOT! Red sofa party...8:30?? :]
Post a Comment