Webster Reunion 2008
Quinci, Cotter, Cruz, Noah, Jacob, Callie, Elsie, Gage
(Jeramiah is missing. He was golfing with his g-ma!)
Last weekend we had our 1st annual official Nelson & Jean Webster family reunion. Brandon, our oldest nephew took charge by calling all of his cousins a couple of months ago and started things rolling. They pretty much planned the whole thing without Mom or the parents getting too involved. Kember's family (the Flakes) own a bed and breakfast in Pine Top that they rent out (and it is currently on the market for sale) and we were able to use it. It was perfect for our family. Each family had their own room and bathroom. It was a beautiful place and the weather was perfect!
Our family is so chill and that made the weekend so nice.
Activities included: LOTS of game playing, BABY HOLDING, croquet, horseshoes, canoes, boating, fun and fishing at the lake, FOOD, family videos, talent show, visiting, church, family testimonies, group song and hug, and lots and lots of LOVE. On Sunday mom talked (a lot... as usual haha) about her and dad meeting and then she went through each of her pregnancies and said something special about each one of her children. It was really special and I actually learned a few facts that I didn't know. I thought I knew it all, but I didn't. It seems like every time these stories are told, there is something new to learn. She talked about how she lost her first and last babies just after their births. She also had numerous miscarriages so our family could be MUCH bigger! If Sammy and Joyce would of survived, I would of had 8 siblings to grow up with and a younger sister! Mom is such a strong women and endured many hardships in her child bearing years. It was good to be with Jenell, Bill, Janet, and Judy. Oh how I love them and their families!! We felt JoAnns spirit about us and she lives through Dave and April. We were so glad they were with us. I have such amazing Nieces and nephews!! I plan to blog on them soon because they are such a BiG part of my life!
Nelson, my dear daddy would really have LOVED all of the BABIES!! Every time my parents saw a baby, dad would always say to mom "Don't you think we ought to have one of those" or "I think we need one of them!". And this was long after mom and dad had raised us kids. He loved babies :)
IN FACT, WE ALL LOVED THE BABIES!!!
OK Kristen & Anthony have 3 boys. Cute boys of course! Jerimiah who is almost 3 and their sweet darling twin boys Jacob and Noah of nearly 4 months. Everyone got to hold a baby at one time or another. I was absolutely amazed at these twins. What a precious gift from our Heavenly Father. Jerimiah is such a smart boy. Very fun to talk to and he adores his younger brothers. There is just something special about twins! They are too cute! Kristen and Anthony are so blessed and what good parents they are!
Brandon & Kember have three. Gage-4, Elsie-2, and Callie-6mo. They are so so SO adorable and have the cutest personalities. Gage will talk up a storm with you and has quite the sense of humor, and he will beat ya in a game! Elsie is all girl, always content and checking everything out so she won't miss a thing. They play the superhero and princess roles very well!! Callie is such a good baby and shares the good looks of her siblings. She's a fun one to hold also.
Carli & Dane also have that magic # 3. Cotter is 4, Quinci 2, and Cruz 7 mo. Cotter and Quinci are the "adventuresome two". They can be quite creative at times so it is always fun to see where their imagination takes them. :) Cotter is into dinosaurs and drew me a picture of 5 kinds and told me all about them. He draws great! They also play the superhero and princess role really well. Once Quinci got that snowhite outfit for her birthday she didn't want to put anything else on. She wore those heels for at least 2 hours straight! I seriously don't know a better baby than Cruz. What a presh! He is so good and fun to hold, and I think he is ALWAYS sporting a smile!

So that is about it. The pictures I am posting are ones Kember e-mailed me but I know there are many more out there. I wish I would of taken more myself! UGH! I should know better. What a GREAT reunion though and the plan for now is annual. Good, quality WEBSTER family time.

2 comments:
How fun to all get together as a family!!! Your family looks alot like mine, the kids are the stars,love to see them perform, just loving being together!! What would we do without family??? Love ya...
Oh man...miss it already. Those kids make me smile so much. Absolutely adore them. :]]
Post a Comment