Monday, August 25, 2008

Brit has "GRADUATED"


A TRIBUTE TO
BRiTNEY

She is all grown up now!

...but what a wonderful girl she is...



Britney is an AMAZING girl!
She is SMART, FUN, and TALENTED. One thing that I admire most about Britney is her INTEGRITY. She is not only honest, but she stands firm in what she believes in. She wants to be a good person. She sets a high standard for herself and holds herself to it. She has incredible faith and is always an example to those around her.
Those close to her know this to be true.
Another thing about Brit is she is so obedient. I honestly can't think of a time when she has complained about doing something that her parents asked of her, even if she doesn't like it.

I am sooo grateful for this girl. She amazes me everyday. Now she is starting college! Looking back on her life what a JOY she has been :)


From the time she was two years old with her cute little glasses and always a BiG bow in her hair, she had the best sense of humor. She always drew a crowd. We would sit around watching her comic routines...


...then in grade school




She devloped a strong compassion for those less fortunate than her. In mexico, she paid her own "BIG BUCKS" to have her hair beaded by a young girl giving her an extra large "TiP" and she bought things from street vendors in need. She reported on the poor in Cambodia. She wanted to give all she had to those "less fortunate". In grade school, she was always befriending the new or less popular student. She didn't care as much about her own popularity.


To this day she is charitable and compassionate.

This is also when...


She became a "MASTER" writer...


and DANCER!

In JUNIOR HIGH...

While still enjoying writing and dancing,

F R I E N D S

{& boys}

became her W O R L D

! !!


She was still Mommy & Daddy's
little
"S W E E T H E A R T"


In High School some priorities changed...


Unlike many her age, she actually focused on getting an education.


She loved cheering, POM, dance, friends, family,and her weekends,


and remained best friends with her MoM and DaD :)



Brit's senior year, she took all AP classes and received a 4.5 GPA!!! She spent about 20 hours a week practicing for pom/cheer, including Saturday mornings and she cheered nearly every Friday night until March. She managed to co-captain the pom squad and be laurel class president. She was honored along with her squad to become STATE AND NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. Through all this she was diligent in all she did. She didn't get much sleep at times as you can imagine. I don't think she missed a day of getting at least 20 minutes of scripture study in. I think that was the thing that helped her through accomplishing so much.

She is so faithful and dedicated in all she does!



She got a full ride+ scholarship and was one of only 200 students accepted at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism. She continues to pursue her love of writing and possibly go into broadcast journalism.


I wish her the BEST in all she does. She is deserving.


I don't say these things to boast. I just want brit to know that I LOVE HER and am SOOOO proud of her and her accomplishments and abilities.


It's been a fun 18 years with this girl so far.

Looking forward to the next 18!!!

1 comments:

Jen and Bob said...

Awesome. I agree you have one heck of a little, grown up girl there. Aunt Jenny is proud of her too and loves her:) ! Nice tribute mom.